1. Chiropractic Care Gift Certificate at Bergen Family Chiropractic:
- Buy a gift certificate for a new patient exam ($124)
- (bonus) Receive a free tube or roll-on of BioFreeze to liven up the gift or to keep for yourself
- Options: 3-pack of chiropractic adjustments ($126) or 12-pack wellness pass ($420) *free BioFreeze with purchase of either option!
2. Lumbar Cushion: Many of your family members sit at computers all day long, or are retired and sit in a recliner everyday. A lumbar cushion will support their lower back curve, make them more comfortable, and freshen up their seat.
3. Tri-Core Cervical Pillow, BioFreeze, Gel Cold Pack: Give the gift of a comfortable night’s sleep or other healthy items at Bergen Family Chiropractic such as a tube of BioFreeze and a cold/hot gel pack (everyone loves these and they make great stocking stuffers).
4. “Activity” gift: give a loved one a gift certificate (make your own if needed) for something active such as ice skating (plus skate rental) at a local rink, a yoga class, three months at a gym (Mike’s Gym in Bergen!), downhill or xc skiing (plus rental), or the water park and swimming at the Clarion hotel in Batavia. Other ideas: rollerskating, snowtubing, run/walk race entry…. be creative!
5. Weights, exercise/yoga mat, & exercise video
6. Hula Hoop – one of the good, weighted ones (but without the ridges because they can hurt!)
7. Workout Clothes – high tech, wicking fabrics and the right weight for a sport the gift recipient loves
8. Wool socks, gloves/mittens, and long underwear – your loved one will have no excuses when it comes time to go outside to build a snowman!
9. Pedometer – Get a FitBit or smart watch (and perhaps set it up and/or show the person how to use it). Want to help someone with no outlay of cash? Help an older family member to download a free pedometer app on their smart phone and remind them to put the phone in their pocket!
10. Homemade Granola – Skip the cookie trays and go for a bag filled with homemade granola tied with a bow – makes a yummy and healthy addition to your gift recipient’s breakfast bowl! (great for the office staff, distant relatives, bus drivers, mail carriers, and as stocking stuffers) Get the recipe here.
Dr. Amy Mercovich