Aloha! The Hawaiians have it right. They know how to take life “not too seriously” and to enjoy the simple pleasures available daily for everyone.
Here is what I learned in Hawaii…
- 1. Spend as much time outdoors as possible. It is good for the soul.
- Don’t take anything too seriously.
- Drop everything and surf when the waves are good. (OK, we can’t do that in Western NY, yet we can enjoy the snow when it falls deep enough for sledding and skiing.)
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and fish to your heart’s content.
- Smile a lot and try to make others happy simply because it feels good.
- Play everyday.
- Get some sunshine. (Yes, we have sunny days, even in winter. Sit for a spell in a sunny window on these cold, wintry days).
Life is good. Live simply. Make good food choices. Play. Enjoy the day.
-Dr. Amy Mercovich