If you ever want to impress a chocolate lover (Mom on Mothers’ Day, perhaps?) then make this delightful, chocolate-y, slice-of-heaven cake.
Flourless Chocolate Cake (recipe from Chef Eric)
10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use the good stuff!)
4 ounces butter (8 Tbl)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
- Melt chocolate and butter over a water bath.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a mixer and whisk on high until tripled in volume.
- Fold egg mixture into the melted chocolate-butter mixture. Don’t overmix!
- Bake in a parchment-lined 9 or 10 inch cake pan (the kind with removable sides works best) in a 325 degree F oven until the center is just set, about 25-30 minutes.
- Refrigerate cooled cake for at least 4 hours before cutting.
- Serve cake as is, dusted with powdered sugar, with raspberries, or inverted and glazed with ganache for a more finished appearance.
- Tell us how much you LOVE this cake!!! And, if by some strange force of nature, you do not love it, please bring it to the office and we will take it off your hands. 🙂